A beautiful blend of the best of natural fibers - silk and linen. Both textile fibers breathe well and are a delight to wear, as well as look great. Sleeveless dress, loose and comfortable, half calf length. Fabric is medium weight in a lightly ribbed textile. It looks great loose or belted - note, belt on the phot0 is for illustration purpose and is NOT included. Dress has delicate finish around the neck and arm holes, also a decorative layer on a bottom.
70% silk, 30% linen. Both silk and lined are very strong, ancient fibers, perfect for human skin. This blend looks dressier in look and feels than plain linen since silk gives it a slightly lustrous look and feel. Well made with comfortable arm openings and a flattering V-neck. Textile is bit heavier than plain linen or silk but still very suitable for hot weather.
Made in China *see note from LA based designer below.
Machine washable in cold water.
Dimensions below come from the manufacturer for the body (not garment), the actual garments are quite generous in sizing. Length for size Small is approx. 42", bust is about 38" around for Small size.
Mfgr Table of body (not garment) suggested measurements
|2 - 4||6 - 8||10 - 12||14 - 16||18 - 20|
|bust||32.5 - 33.5"||34.5 - 35.5"||36.5 - 38"||39.5 - 41"||42.5 - 44"|
|waist||25 - 26"||27 - 28"||29 - 30.5"||32 - 33.5"||35 - 36.5"|
35 - 35"
|37 - 38"||39 - 40.5"||42 - 43.5"||45 - 46.5"|
* Notes from the US based designer about their production facility in China:
"1. We absolutely do not use sweat labor. In fact, all of workers in our factory are insured by the company. We go to the extent of even offering room and board if the employee is not local.
2. We do our best to not have anyone work overtime. But if the division manager decides we need to speed up the process, we will pay overtime. Our management has a restriction in place that an employee cannot have more than 20 hrs of OT a week. Our working hours are from 8:30 AM to 12, 12-1 is time for lunch/naps, than 1-5:30.
3. Our facilities are inspected everyday by each of the division managers. They report to our general managers if they see any problems with safety/employee health issues etc. We're a US company and while production is done in China, we comply and follow US rules & regulations.
4. Our facilities are inspected everyday by each of the division managers. They report to our general managers if they see any problems with safety/employee health issues etc. We're a US company and while production is done in China, we comply and follow US rules & regulations.
5. We moved the office from LA to China in 2000 and have had a wonderful relationship with our supplier since then. Most of the fabric mills have net 30-60 payment terms with us." (meaning there is trust and solid relationship).
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.